What is the Norfolk School Games?
The Norfolk School Games is the largest school sport event to ever be held in Norfolk.
The objectives of the games are to:
- Provide safe and engaging opportunities for young people to enjoy and develop through competitive sport and physical activity.
- Provide meaningful leadership opportunities to help young people develop and demonstrate positive behaviours and character.
- Ensure a diverse School Games offer to make the Games appealing and relevant to a breadth of young people.
- Promote and courage progression into community sport and physical activity to help to continue their development and embed an active lifestyle.
The Games is part of the national School Games initiative which aims to inspire more young people to take part in competitive school sport. The Norfolk School Games is organized by Active Norfolk and the eight School Sport Partnerships (SSPs) in the county and sponsored by the University of East Anglia Sportspark.
School Games Values
During each of the competitions pupils are challenged to demonstrate the School Games values;
- Determination – Determination is about the journey you go on to push yourself and achieve your dreams. Have the mental strength and self discipline to overcome obstacles, commit to your goals and keep working everyday to become the very best you can be. Don’t hold back!
- Passion – Giving it 100 percent. Putting your heart and soul into the game and never giving up. Passion makes you enter the race and passion makes you finish it.
- Respect – Respect for the referee, for the opposition, for your team mates, for yourself and for the game. Accepting victory and defeat with grace, treating others politely and with understanding. Respect everyday, for every sport and everyone.
- Honesty – Honesty with others and with yourself. Having the courage to do the right thing and what you know is right. Let the best person win, not the best cheat.
- Self Belief – You’ve got to believe to achieve. Have the self belief and confidence to succeed and reach your personal best.
- Teamwork – Treating everybody equally, supporting each other and working together to achieve at your very best level. Celebrate each others successes and be a positive team player.